Saturday, March 31, 2018

My Amazon Shorts Essay is now updated and available through Kindle

Here is the updated edition of an essay I first published at the request of Amazon.com in 2006.  It is much closer to official Modern Language Assn. style, though I really find the style uncomfortable. I think I like the law review style better, with footnotes on every page and for every citation.  But that's me, an old fashioned guy.

With the 50th commemoration of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. coming up this week, and, in just over two months, the commemoration of Robert Kennedy's assassination, I figured it was time to update the essay.  I have not heard from my publisher as to the network that was considering the book for a miniseries, after hearing from that network about nine months ago. I suppose this commemoration will pass with nothing from my book's publisher, either.  It is the way of the biz of the small press, unfortunately...