Thursday, August 13, 2020

Arguing with FB liberals about presidential politics is as exhausting as arguing with Trumpists

I am up early, and must get ready to teach my AP World History and NM History classes today. But I must state this to so many of my FB liberals and even progressives who are so concerned for my political soul.

As I stated in the update I wrote yesterday under my previous July 30 post, I am, first, of the view the big donor class, to whom Biden continually genuflects, forced Harris on Biden. Look at the evidence from corporate media reporting. Chris Dodd, who Biden had put in charge of the VP search, was suddenly pushed aside at the end of July to allow Harris unique access to Biden, and essentially demand he choose her. This was despite the previous leaks from Dodd and long time Biden advisers emphasizing Biden valued personal loyalty above all else--when it was Harris who had shivved Biden during the early primaries. And this on top of the daily drumbeat about how wonderful Harris is for VP in corporate media articles. Every. Single. Day--which was the point in my July 30, 2020 blog post. This had been going on for two straight months or more. Harris was the VP choice among the big Democratic Party donors from Wall Street to Silicon Valley to Hollywood. It was all glitz, show biz, and money. 

Second, it is pathetic to see Michael Moore, in his podcast yesterday, see Harris' hypocrisy on bussing as a virtue. Harris deliberately attacked Biden for a position she, as the adult Harris, would have supported. Moore knows about Harris' record as DA and AG in gleefully putting minorities in jail for marijuana busts and their children's truancy, her support of dirty cops, her stopping release of exonerating information regarding defendants (minority defendants), and then letting off the hook Steve Mnuchin and a host of banksters, even when her top staff wrote her a memo saying they have to be prosecuted. Then, of course Mnuchin and the banksters bankrolled her senate campaign in 2016. (NOTE: You have been asleep if you need links on this.) It is a dangerous delusion to think Harris is on the side of anyone but herself and the big donors who have funded her. She was funded and bankrolled by the corrupt Willie Brown in San Francisco and Big Banks and Big Tech thereafter. That is her career. She is Senator Payne in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." 

I wish people would stop thinking they can convince me, with nothing but the bullshit they hear on television, or the fact-free nonsense they tell themselves, that Biden or Harris care a damn about anyone who is truly vulnerable in our failed society. I wish people would stop worrying about convincing me to drink the Purple Kool Aid they are drinking that somehow I must accept that I must only vote for Biden or Trump. The issue about whether to vote for the Green Party candidate or Democratic Party candidate for president is about where each of us lives, as this is still a presidential electoral system with an Electoral College. If we live in a solid Blue or solid Red state, then know your vote simply does not count for president. Most Americans who vote watch tv and are addled by its propaganda will fall into line in a solid Blue or solid Red state. The only question left in such states is whether you wish to help the Green Party get to 5%, and jump start a party that, for all its eccentricities, at least is not beholden to Steve Mnuchin and his bankster friends. 

Please do not worry about little old me, as I simply don't count. I will personally decide which candidate for president to vote for, meaning Biden or Howie Hawkins of the Green Party (never Trump), in late October, as I survey NM polling data, and my own observations, including whether I think older white people are lying to pollsters. However, I will say this: Even if I vote for Biden, I will consider him and Harris my political enemies the day after Biden and Harris assume office. Neither Harris nor Biden will do what is necessary to help vulnerable Americans, or stop bombing people of color around the world. There is no pivot to be expected from these corrupt, horrible, self-centered people. 

Also, news flash: Getting rid of Trump does not get rid of the fascist white nationalist impulses that drive the Republican Party. The Republicans do not appear to be done as a political force, which means more seemingly qualified "Trumps" are coming. The fear of fascism and more brazen state sponsored racism remains. 

What is so disappointing to me, even as I keep hearing from liberals and progressives who should know better, is the national Democratic Party keeps behaving like Social Democrats during the Weimar Republic. These people are corrupt, stand for nothing, and are weak. Putting the gloss of progressiveness on them is a delusion.

I should add this: Last night, on FB, I said my liberal and progressive fans are listening to "Land of Make Believe" from the Moody Blues' "Seventh Sojourn" album, released in 1972, while I am listening to the first track on that album, "Lost in a Lost World." The lyrics are worth reviewing in each, as I understand the sentiment in "The Land of Make Believe," and love both songs.  I guess life is strange, isn't it?   I have long said, if Justin Hayward and Co. were living in the Bronze Age, they'd have written a better Bible. :)

Anyway, I just think liberals and progressives are fooling ourselves at the moment, as we are so desperate to stop the immediate threat that is Trump. What I am saying is, yes, defeat and remove Trump. However, let's keep our eyes on the reality of the horrible national and often state Democratic Parties, and the candidates who the big donors vomit up. Let us begin to realize there must be a new party forming beyond the party--again because corporate media in the form of CNN and MSNBC is the enabler and enforcer too many of us older Americans are still trusting. Our children know better, and we should, for once, listen to them.