Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Some tongue in cheek musings about a primary election...

A black, a woman, and a Jew walk into a primary...each trying to face a white supremacist Italian for governor...Smells like Florida.

Yup, it's Florida.  And yes, I am ecstatic about Andrew Gillum, but I don't know how Gillum gets more than a third of the white vote in that culturally out of control State. Floridians, help me out here.  While it will be exciting to watch an electoral re-enactment of Reconstruction, my response to hand-wringing Corporate Democrats is, let's face it, the Republican candidate, Ron DeSantis, a Traitor Trump enabler, has a better chance of winning against any of the three gubernatorial candidates who ran in the Dem primary.  

On the other hand, perhaps DeSantis will make some KKK and Southern white supremacist heads spin too..."What? An Eye-talian?"  But they will eventually console themselves..."Well, at least he hates immigrants, and..you know...loves guns...maybe prob'ly don't like those...um, thugs..."  

I figure DeSantis will reach out to such natural allies as he says, "Hey, I'm white, too! Really! Never mind that I tan more easily than you (I do...)! Please! I hate immigrants who don't look like either one of us!....And damn, I got my guns ready to defend ourselves against a gov'mint of 'libruls,' but I support the police when they shoot down unarmed...thugs...! Let's keep all the Confederate statues so people can know 'history!' I love Trump--Make America Confederate Again! Black hordes voting!  Voter fraud! Northern money pouring in to help my even tanner opponent! Remember Reconstruction!"  

Pass the popcorn, boys and girls, and welcome to the Florida swamps, figuratively and literally.

UPDATE SAME DAY:  Well, it did not take long for reality to catch up with satire...."Monkey this up?"  Oy.