Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Return of MF Blog

I have decided this morning to resurrect MF Blog, which existed for about ten years from 2005 through 2015.  I had gotten rid of it because my Wife and Mother thought that I was hurting my career as a lawyer and my desire to be a judge.  I admit to having become tired of their complaints on this subject and realized I should heed their words.

I did not feel bad about the decision because I realized I was already on Facebook.  Ironically, I had not been anywhere near as topical or political on Facebook when I joined, having joined it only to communicate with friends and family from other parts of the nation, mostly on the East Coast where I had been raised.  But then, also ironically, I became ardently politically minded on Facebook when Bernie Sanders announced his candidacy for president.  Before that I was far more about music posts and film reviews.  But when Bernie announced, I truly believed, and continue to believe that Bernie's candidacy mattered.

But times have changed for me again.  My Wife and I have now moved from The Greatest State in the Union (TM), i.e., California, and earlier this month, I hit age 60.  I also realized my dreams of securing a judgeship are over, and my dreams of staying in California are over.  We are now happy to move forward with our lives in the Land of Enchantment, also known as New Mexico.  For those who do not know, New Mexico is a wonderful place which should also be called The Most Underrated State in the Union (TM).  Those TMs are jokes, in case someone is wondering...Anyway, it hit me this morning, just as I was completing a long post on Facebook this morning on former Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, and the removal of his statues from the public areas in Maryland, that I may as well resurrect MF Blog and call it MF Blog, The Sequel.

I know, I know.  Rarely do sequels measure up to the original.  But I hope it to be "The Godfather II" of Blogs.  It is something to strive for, at least.  I will follow Digby and some bloggers and not activate the Comments section, though.  I realize I don't have to argue with people so much if I start the Blog, and people have told me I am much too indulgent of commenters at Facebook.  Also, I am still working as a workaday lawyer and a major point of our move is for my Wife and I to slow it down a bit.  Less arguments with people may be better for that goal, I believe.

If I was to describe MF Blog, The Sequel, it is probably going to be about the Taney sort of post that are too long for a Facebook post.  There may be music links, film reviews and there may be other things.   I will see how things progress...

I have left up another Blog as a separate Blog, which is called "Boomerang."  That is the name of the semi-short story I finally wrote out last year and published via Blogger to the world last September.  It has only had just under 1,000 hits and I think it ran its course, though its subject matter will become more and more relevant each passing year as our nation continues its self-destructive ways.  I leave it up and will try to put up a permanent link to it here at the MF Blog, The Sequel.

I know a few folks will be happy to see the return of MF Blog.  However, I am doubtful my Wife or Mom are going to be happy about it...