Monday, February 28, 2022

I guess I was not so ridiculous in my alternative history ending after all....:)

 See here at the Daily Kos from January 7, 2021.  Someone watching footage of the January 6th 2021 insurrection had second thoughts about my novel's anti-historiography ending (that is what the late historian, Kevin Starr, once said to me about the ending, which he loved and saw it very clearly for what it was at the multiple levels including the inevitable right wing backlash to anything progressive in American politics).  It is nice to have found this article from a person identified as "David B." 

I love the title: "Alternative History as prediction: Mitchell Freedman's 2003 book on RFK Predicted our Civil War".  I admit I was not trying to do that in toto, but wrote that out as a warning that could happen based upon patterns in our nation's politics.